Botulism toxin A, is the scientific name. It is available in the US as either Dysport or Botox.
Botox Cosmetic Uses
- Paralyze muscles in the forehead to reduce frown lines.
- Smooth wrinkles around the eyelids, also called crows feet. This is the most popular cosmetic use for Botox to date.
- Correct gummy smiles, a condition where the patient has overly exposed gums when smiling.
- Lift the corners of the mouth to correct a drooping smile caused by aging.
- Treat wrinkles in the neck in early cases when a neck lift is still not needed.
Botox Non-Cosmetic Uses
- Treat migraines by injecting Botox into certain areas of the forehead or the back of the head.
- Alleviate excessive sweating by injecting Botox into the underarms.
- Relax blood vessels in the hands and improve blood supply to prevent a condition that causes the hands to spasm and become purple in cold weather.
Perhaps the most important point to take away when considering Botox is that it has a wide variety of both cosmetic and non-cosmetic uses. Botox isnt just used to treat wrinkles; it offers a significant number of health benefits, including relief from migraines, sweating, and issues in the hands caused by cold weather.
For many people who have struggled with the above health issues for months or even years, Botox is a welcome alternative to surgery or prescription medications. Botox is administered through a quick, in-office treatment with minimal downtime.
If youre looking for a reputable plastic surgery practice in Northern Virginia, make sure that they offer a wide range of Botox services for both non-cosmetic and cosmetic treatments. Additionally, take time to communicate with your board certified plastic surgeon to find out more information about cosmetic Botox treatment options beyond smoothing superficial wrinkles, such as a gummy smile treatment in Virginia. Many people dont realize that a gummy smile can be easily treated with a little Botox to reduce the appearance of overgrown gums and balance out the shape of the teeth.
For more information about these cosmetic and non-cosmetic Botox procedures, you can contact NOVA Plastic Surger today to discuss your options!
This article was written by our team at NOVA Plastic Surgery. We are specialized in plastic surgery of the face and body, migraine surgery and hand surgery. We serve patients in Nothern Virginia, Maryland and the Washington, DC area. We welcome patients from Haymarket, Herndon, Ashburn, Vienna, Mclean, Great Galls, Fairfax, Leesburg, Chantilly, and more.
To schedule a consultation at our practice in Northern Virginia, call us at (703) 574-2588. Or, click here to set up a consultation.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!