There were more than 10 million cosmetic procedures performed in the USA in 2010. The cost of these surgeries and procedures vary widely depending on several factors:
- The complexity of the procedure
- Whether it involved surgery versus a simple injection
- If implants were being used (patients usually pay for their implants)
- The geographical location (large metropolitan areas are more expensive, as cities in the Northeastern US)
- The experience of the surgeon
- Whether the procedure is performed with or without general anesthesia.
The least expensive cosmetic procedures are mild chemical peels at about $150. Botox injections are usually around $400-500, with surgical procedures like extended face, neck and forehead lift reaching $10,000 to $15,000.
Most surgeons report their fees but without other fees like anesthesia and hospital fees over which they usually have no control. Anesthesia and facility fees usually add $1000-2000 to the total bill. Therefore, it is very important to ask your plastic surgeons office for an exact quote for any procedure before you sign up, no matter how simple it is. Patients can become very upset if they realize after having something done, that the bill is much more than they have expected. Surgeons fees usually include your preoperative consultations (usually if you pay a consultation fee, it is discounted from the surgeons fee), all your postoperative visits up to 3 months.
To schedule a consultation at our practice in Northern Virginia, call us at (703) 574-2588. Or, click here to set up a consultation.
Follow us on Twitter and Facebook!