KYBELLA TREATMENT IN NORTHERN VA: NOVA PLASTIC SURGERY AFTER CARE INSTRUCTIONS
After your Kybella treatment, you should expect swelling and redness. You may also experience bruising, pain, numbness, and induration (firmness). This will normally last less than 5 days, and for some patients may last up to 14 days. You may have slight swelling of the area for up to a month.
- You can apply ice in the first 48 hours to help with the swelling and discomfort. It is important to not place ice directly on the skin. Use an ice pack with the fabric side facing the skin or you may wrap the ice pack in a thin cloth. Apply ice for 2 minutes on, 2 minutes off. Icing too vigorously can damage the skin and be aware that your skin may be numb so you may not feel the normal sensation when the skin has gotten too cold.
- Avoid strenuous activity for 3 days after your treatment.
- Sleep with your head elevated for the 3 nights after your treatment to help minimize swelling
- Do not scratch, pick at, massage or manipulate the treatment area.
- You may apply your normal skin care regimen to the area, including cleanser, moisturizer, sunscreen etc. There is no need to wear bandages to the area.
- Call NOVA Plastic Surgery and medspa at 703-574-2588 if you have any difficulty swallowing, crusting or scabbing, asymmetry of your smile or any other unusual symptoms.
If you have not had Kybella yet but thinking about it read our page and some Kybella before and after pictures.