A mommy makeover is a customizable package of procedures designed to return your body to its pre-pregnancy state. Childbirth, pregnancy, and breastfeeding can lead to loose abdominal skin and loss of breast volume, neither of which always respond to changes in diet and exercise. Here are a few factoids for those who are considering a mommy makeover:
- The most common procedures selected by patients include a tummy tuck or mini-tuck, breast augmentation and lift, or liposuction.
- 62% of moms would consider getting a mommy makeover
- 86% of moms feel less attractive after having children
- 70% of plastic surgery patients make less than $70,000 per year
- Combining a breast procedure with a tummy tuck can take up to six weeks of your recovery time, as opposed to getting the procedures separately.
- Patients must be totally recovered from pregnancy and must be done with their childbearing.
- Separated abdominal muscles due to pregnancy (also known as diastasis recti) cause the pouch of the abs, and this cannot be fixed with exercise.
- Though it is less common, moms can certainly select a breast reduction as part of their mommy makeover, if the breasts have increased in size due to childbirth and breastfeeding.