Skip to main content

Is Kybella Right for Me?

Schedule a Consultation
Posted August 05, 2019 in Face

Is Kybella Right for Me?Whether you realize it or not, how you look follows you throughout your day, influencing your confidence levels and even how people respond to you subconsciously. Some people can go about their day at full productivity because they’re 100 percent confident in their appearance, but then there are the rest of us. We’re made aware—sometimes daily—that the small things matter, and it’s those small changes that can make a huge difference in how we’re perceived, treated, and respected.
That’s why getting Kybella® in Northern Virginia may be a smart career and confidence move for you. Here’s what you need to know about Kybella to determine if it may be right for you.

What does Kybella do?

FDA-approved Kybella injections contour and firm skin under the neck that may be causing “double chin” or “turkey neck.” To do this, Kybella targets the source, destroying fat cells that will then naturally and slowly leave your body through the lymphatic system, revealing a new-and-improved you.
The active ingredient in Kybella is deoxycholic acid, but don’t let the “acid” part scare you. You produce deoxycholic acid naturally to serve this function, but when doctors administer Kybella injections in Ashburn, they’re directing this naturally occurring substance strategically to the places where it’s needed to help you get results.

What can I expect during/after getting Kybella in Northern Virginia?

After an initial consult, you may begin treatment. Most treatments only take about 15 minutes, but the first treatment may take longer. With ice numbing the area, you may receive up to 50 injections into the fatty layer of tissue under the skin.
Take a look at what can be achieved with Kybella after just six months of treatments, but keep in mind that results will vary from patient to patient. Your doctor will help you understand your potential results.

How many Kybella treatments will I need?

If you’re a good candidate for treatment, you’ll attend up to six treatment sessions over a six-month period, but most patients only need 2-4 treatments.
Those who receive Kybella treatments generally see some improvement after just one visit, noticeable changes after three months, and the full results in six months. After an average of two to four treatments, 72 percent notice significant improvement in their jawline, and the other 28 percent will still notice some results.
You may be wondering how long Kybella lasts. Kybella isn’t a temporary treatment, so you won’t be returning for constant maintenance. Once those fat cells are gone, they can’t come back.

Who are the best candidates for Kybella?

We should note that Kybella isn’t the best treatment option for everyone in Loudoun County. Kybella has a 79 percent satisfaction rate, and it’s important to know if you’re a good candidate to ensure that you join that 79 percent.
Good candidates for Kybella:

  • Have a low health risk profile, which will be determined by your doctor
  • Maintain a generally healthy lifestyle complete with proper diet and exercise
  • Are not taking blood-thinning medications or other drugs that may impact results

Before receiving Kybella in Northern Virginia, discuss all substances you may be taking, including over-the-counter and herbal medications, with your doctor. Also, if you’ve had surgery on the face/neck, your doctor needs to know because it may influence treatment decisions.
Are you still wondering if Kybella is right for you? Check out our infographic, It’s Still You, Only Better, to learn more about your options.
Infographic: Favorite Ways to Treat Common Problem Areas

Connect With Us