Winter is coming and with it comes dull, irritated skin.
It’s that time of year again, when our skin loses its luster and our hard-earned summer glow fades away. To counteract the drying effects of winter weather, add hydration boosting SkinCeuticals products to your skincare routine and take full advantage of NOVA Plastic Surgery’s numerous skincare treatments.
As we say goodbye to warm summer weather and move into the colder months of winter, we switch out our summer clothes for a warmer winter wardrobe. The same should be done for your skincare routine. Switching out your skincare routine to compensate for the colder, drier weather will help to maintain your skin’s radiance and luster. Rather than continuing with oil-fighting cleansers, try using hydration boosting products that will help lock in your skin’s moisture.
NOVA Plastic Surgery’s own Master Aesthetician, Dareen, recommends adding these products to your routine to help you make it through the winter:
- Replenishing Cleanser: This cleanser locks in hydration while still providing you with a deep cleanse that feels your skin feeling refreshed.
- C E Ferulic: An antioxidant is an important step in your skincare regimen, as it helps protect your skin from environmental damage, with the added benefit of enhancing your skin’s brightness.
- Hydrating B5 Gel: Don’t be afraid of hydration if you have acne prone skin. This oil-free serum is great for locking in your skin’s moisture by using your body’s natural hydrator, vitamin B5.
- Triple Lipid Restore 2:4:2 : Dry patches because of sudden drops in temperature? Apply this thick moisturizer in the morning and night to help quench your skin, soothe irritation, and restore radiance.
- Physical UV Defense SPF 30: Even though it may seem as though we see less sunlight during the winter months, our skin can still be affected by UV rays, and can even be damaged under fluorescent lights. This sunscreen is great for protecting your skin while keeping it hydrated.
- Phyto Corrective Masque: This cooling masque is great for dry, reactive skin. Use it 2-3 times a week to help calm skin irritation and redness.
Exfoliation year round is important, especially in the winter months when dead skin and impurities can accumulate on your skin. After a summer of fun in the sun, a diminishing tan can reveal unsightly discoloration or pigmentation. At NOVA Plastic Surgery, we offer treatments such as the HydraFacial, chemical peels and signature facialsthat can even out your skin tone and remove dead skin cells. With regular HydraFacial’s, your skin can be rid of impuritiesleaving youfeeling refreshed and hydrated. Smooth out your skin tone with a chemical peel or address any skincare concerns you have with a signature facial. These treatments in combination with SkinCeuticals will leave your skin feeling happy and hydrated during the winter!