We are bombarded with the latest and greatest fad diets and meal plans to look and feel our best but often the basics are overlooked. Vitamins and minerals are essential for our bodies to function at their optimal level. The fastest way to get vitamins and minerals in the body is with IV Therapy. It is a treatment that will infuse your body with those essential vitamins and minerals to allow you to reach your peak.
What is IV Therapy?
Intravenous Therapy is a treatment where a combination of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants are directly infused into your system through an IV.
This treatment has been around for over fifty years. Oral ingestion only allows for 10-25% of absorption of these vitamins versus almost 100% absorption when administered through an IV. It is important for the body to have and maintain the proper level of these vitamins especially after high stress events like surgery and illness. IV Therapy in Northern Virginia is one of the fastest growing procedures due to the search for a quick preventative method against Jet Lag.
What Can IV Therapy Treat?
We suggest IV Therapy in Northern Virginia because in today’s fast paced society, fatigue can be a major inhibitor to success. Fatigue can be due to a number of causes such as poor diet or infection. Commonly, a deficiency of B vitamins can contribute to fatigue. Intravenous Therapy for fatigue includes vitamin C and B complex vitamins.
Recovery after Surgery
It is imperative for your body to have the proper level of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants to enable recovery and healing after surgery. IV Therapy is an excellent way to ensure your body has those essential nutrients. Combinations to speed up overall recovery and increase immunity can include Lactated Ringers, high doses of Vitamin C, and a combination of Vitamin B.
Enhanced Athletic Performance
IV Therapy can improve the way the body performs by enhancing overall hydration and ensuring the proper vitamins and minerals are available for optimum metabolism function. It can also reduce post work-out recovery time by flushing out lactic acid and decreasing muscle soreness. Common preparations include high dose Vitamin C and B complex.
Slowing the Aging Process
As we age, our collagen stores decrease rapidly. Collagen is necessary for healthy appearing skin and the reduction of skin aging. Glutathione is an antioxidant that helps to eliminate toxins in the body, protects the collagen fibers and elasticity of the skin. It can also decrease melanin that is responsible for sun/age spots. Intravenous Therapy to fight the inevitable signs of aging can include a combination of Glutathione, vitamin B complex, vitamin C and normal saline.
Revitalizing After Long Travel, Jet Lag and Hang Over
The body typically suffers significant dehydration and a weakened immune system after long travel and alcohol consumption. IV Therapy can replenish that lost hydration and replace those vitamins and minerals that have diminished leaving you feeling refreshed and energized.
What is your IV Therapy Menu?
Our IV Therapy treatments start with a base of 500-1000ml of normal saline or Ringer’s lactate.
This is a great hydrating option. Before adding any other nutrients, the base solution will give you a boost of fluids and minerals. Your IV Therapy may include one or more vitamins. From our a la carte menu, both you and your provider can choose the right combination for your infusion to improve health and wellness as efficiently as possible.
We customize a combination of vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and antioxidants that can be added to the base for your unique and individual needs. These include:
Vitamin B Complex (B1, B2, B3, B5, B6)
- Promotes fat loss, energy production, mood balance, and body stress reduction
- Antioxidant protection from free radicals
- Given as an IM (intramuscular) shot
- This is great for vegans and vegetarians and is a must for people on a reduced calorie diet
- Immune booster
- Stimulates wound healing and collagen production
- Great for recovering after a cold
BCAA (Branched Amino Acids)
- Given as an IM shot, amino acid is naturally found in eggs and meat.
- Builds muscle
- Improves exercise performance
- Decrease post-exercise soreness and recovery time
- Prevents the breakdown of muscle
- Increases Nitric Oxide production
- Supports production of growth hormones from the pituitary
- Improves athletic performance
- Improves cardiovascular function
- Assists in fatty acid metabolism and weight control
- Reduces fatigue
- Protects against cardiovascular events
- Neurotransmitter that helps relieve anxiety
- Has a calming effect on the nervous system
- Provides muscle relaxation and pain relief
- Has a calming effect and can enhance relaxation and sleep
- Regulates heart rhythm
- Maintains blood sugar
- Supports the immune function
- Principally found in bones and teeth
- Essential supplement to prevent osteoporosis
- Plays a major role in immune function, protein synthesis, wound healing, and DNA synthesis
- Multiple studies demonstrate effectiveness in treating male infertility due to low testosterone levels
Trace Minerals: Zinc, Copper, Manganese, Chromium
- Excellent for mineral replenishment after injury or illness
Alpha Lipoic Acid
- Mitochondrial structure that is highly involved in energy metabolism
- Potent antioxidant
- helps as an anti-aging agent
- Strong antioxidant to help fight damaging free radicals
- Repair damaged cells
What To Expect At Your IV Therapy Session?
One of our nationally certified PA’s will perform a health assessment and help you to determine the best treatment tailored specifically for you.
Your vital signs will be obtained by checking your blood pressure, pulse and temperature. We will start an IV using a tiny needle so the process is virtually painless. Your vitamin combination will be prepared and set at the right drip rate. You may receive this treatment with one of our other skin wellness treatments or sit back and relax. After the vitamins have infused, we remove the IV and apply a band-aid. Your body will put these vital nutrients to work and improve your wellness from the inside out.
Is IV Therapy Right for Me?
It is not recommended for those who have a Thiamine allergy, renal disease or are pregnant or breast feeding. Our staff will thoroughly review your medical history to ensure the right treatment is chosen for you.